Making a website just for fun and making a hardcore business website are poles apart. While making a website just for yourself, you can enjoy a complete freehand. However, while making a corporate website design, you need to follow some basic guidelines. Without these, your website will just be a burden than being an asset to your business.
Things to Remember
Given below are some key tips and tricks that will help you in corporate website design and deliver the desired results:
1. Define your Business Objective or Goal: This is the first and the most important step in building a corporate or business website. As a web marketer, you must first define the objective – be it sales, lead generation, sign-ups or visibility. Based on the objective, you can determine the subsequent steps necessary for website design, web development and online marketing.
2. Have a Clear Navigation: The navigation is the key to any website and it is your navigation that will guide visitors into your website. If you want your visitors to browse maximum sections and pages of your website, you must have a simple, easy and intuitive navigation. Don’t make your visitors work hard to search or find information on your website. A clear navigation is the starting point of a corporate website design.
3. Focus on Usability & Experience: Although this is applicable to all websites, blogs, web platforms and applications, this forms an integral part of a corporate website design. If you want to convert your visitors into customers and generate maximum sales/leads/sign-ups, the website must be user friendly and offer a superior user experience. Your website must offer an experience such that the user must feel like he is exploring a real office or supermarket. Every page must provide clear information, clear call to action and visually appealing images.
4. Superior Look & Feel: Visitors like to browse websites that boast of a sleek, smart and vibrant design. To retain visitors and enhance conversions, the use of strong and powerful banners, images and creative art work must feature prominently in corporate website design. Websites that have a superior look and feel also have a great recall value that in turn also helps in branding for the company.
5. Add Interactive Elements: As we move towards Web 3.0, the use of interactive elements on your website has become a key factor. Use of videos, slideshows, live chat, social media elements, surveys etc are some of the most popular interactive elements that you must think of adding to your corporate website design.
6. Browser and Mobile Compatibility: If you want to expand your reach and increase your clientele, your website must be designed to suit all types of browsers (atleast the popular ones). It is extremely critical that you keep this in mind right when you start designing your corporate website. Also, today, there is a teeming population of users browsing websites from their mobiles. Make sure that your website is tailor-made even for your smart phone customers.
Once you are done designing and developing your business website, test it with a small section of users to get their reactions, feedback and suggestions. This will help you enhance your corporate website design and user experience.